Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Some slightly ... different ... finds!

This post is all about the truly unique pieces you can find at antique stores. I can't tell you how many times I've walked through a store, past a piece of furniture and stopped, wide-eyed, in awe that something so unique had ever been built!
Let me show you what I mean...






These two pieces are very unique but beautiful! The detail on the first chest of drawers is exquisite, complete with gold accents and a large key! And the second piece, most resembles a desk, has a beautiful curve along the front and nice gold hardware. Extreme craftsmanship on these two!


 Talk about extreme craftsmanship! One store I visited recently had a huge collection of these ornately carved boxes. Most were obviously jewellery boxes, but these two were so distinct from the collection that I had to share. The first could function as a jewellery box but unfortunately would need some love to get it open. The second was much larger and could have functioned as a small storage trunk.


Hutches aren't very frequent finds largely because they are so, well, large. They are often passed on generation to generation more than any other furniture pieces making them an exceptional find. The first is very country looking but a great addition to the right space! And the second reminds me of an armoire from a famous Disney movie, minus the doors! Both are very beautiful pieces!


I can't say that I have ever seen a table similar to this one. It is very unique from the small details beneath the drawer, to the cut-out stand and claw feet! It was very distressed but that really added to its charm.


Good luck on your hunts!



No comments:

Post a Comment