Saturday, May 11, 2013

Victoria Trading Post: Part 2

As promised! Here is my second visit to Victoria Trading Post and the Salvage Yard!!! It was actually closed on my first visit so I knew I had to pop back in and explore.
The amount of salvaged house pieces, accessories, windows, doors, hinges... it was amazing to see. With Victoria being full of heritage homes and a population eager to restore them, a place that sells old hardware is key.

However, from a strictly designing/decorating point of view, there are also some great finds!


The first find nearly made my knees buckle! For years I've dreamt of having a re-purposed old window as a piece of artwork, but these are large enough to be used as headboards even! They had many different trellis designs on many different sized window frames. Would be a great DIY project to sand them down and paint or leave as the original wear and tear vintage look!



I have also dreamt for years of replacing the door hardware in my future house with vintage glass knobs. This collection of glass knobs are in the best condition I have seen in all my hunting, which I will have to remember when it comes time to buy a house! Replacing door handles can give any space a little extra detail to complete a room and the addition of glass knobs gives the space a touch of history in a very contemporary way. Simple elegance!


How fantastic are these reclaimed wardrobe pulls?! Amazingly detailed, they just don't make products like these anymore. The installation of these to an old, or even new, piece of furniture instantly jazzes it up to a whole new level. It will give a lot of pieces that extra conversational element.

Stay tuned for more fantastic contemporary finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment